Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Big Ron's Bistro

It's been a few days since I've run into a truck that I don't see every week. Today Big Ron's Bistro dropped by the List and I ran (literally) to jump in line so I could grab some grub before my shift started. Turns out, good call.

Their Website is super nice, though I had a little hiccup with it today because apparently our server can't handle the heat either. Fair warning if you're on a slow connection or mobile, it's not a tiny site. Twitter is @BigRonsBistro

I got the Rib Tips which I don't see on the online menu. I wanted the short rib sandwich which wasn't on the truck so fair trade I guess.

Rib tips were standard smoke grilled and braised in a Sriracha BBQ sauce which was just hot enough to make me sweat (also, our AC was out in the building today so take that with a grain of salt) and served next to some heavily spiced up seasoned fries. Best food truck rib tips I've had, hands down. I love that BBQ sauce even though Sriracha is not really my thing. I'm fairly certain I would put it on everything.

I don't see anything on the menu that's really a non spicy option so if you're into food with a kick and see these guys around don't hesitate. Their business card says "Go Big or Go Home" and they definitely went Big today.


No comments:

Post a Comment