Wednesday, September 25, 2013

R & R Extreme Wings

I have a small back story before I let this one out. My family moved away from Bloomington IN about 14 years ago. In Bloomington there is a wing joint that was always my favorite as a kid. Buffalouies makes this honey garlic sauce that has always stood out in my mind as my favorite and I'll still get it when I make any trip down there. Since moving to Indy I've been trying to find similar wings in both texture and taste. A lot of places have come close but none as close as R & R. If you are ever at the home of the Hoosiers check them out. You can find them on Twitter @BuffaLouies

Back story over.

One of the many reasons I love my office is the vast variety of food trucks that show up. Today was R & R Extreme Wings. You can find them on twitter @rrextremewings . They don't have a website but there is a picture posted on twitter of their menu.

I got 10 of the honey barbeque wings. You all know I can't take the heat and it turns out I was correct to avoid it. One of my coworkers got the sweet and spicy and another got the habanero (because "I am always disappointed by how hot I expect them to be but never are"). They were both sweating when they were done.

The wings were awesome. I mean, really awesome. They fry them before they toss them in the sauce and they come out crispy but still moist. The sauce was sweet and tangy without the saltiness that usually is accompanied by anything fried. Arguably my favorite wings in town. They also came with some fries which were nicely seasoned and tasted good even with my bias against crinkle cut.

Next time I'm ordering 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment