Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pho Mi

Today was a lovely day off for me so I went browsing to see who was in the neighborhood.

I love it when things work out! Turns out there were 4 trucks just down the street, waiting for me to be hungry. One of which was Pho Mi (owned and operated by the same guys that brought you Taco Lassi).

Their twitter is @PhoMiIndy and they don't have a website, though if you want more contact info you can probably hit up Taco Lassi's page.

My rule of thumb when trying a new truck is to walk up, look at the menu, then disregard it completely and ask the people on the truck what they like. Today, as always, that worked spectacularly.

I got the beef bahn mi. Bahn mi is a baguette style bread sandwich found in places like Vietnam (brought to you by the French occupation of pretty much everywhere). In this case you can order a couple of different meats with various toppings. The beef was cut into thin strips, covered in a sauce that reminded me of southwest ranch, and then topped with an almost Vietnamese coleslaw. Without a menu in front of me I can't speak to the exact ingredients. The only thing I'd consider adding is some lime but I'm a sucker for the lime flavor.

It really was good and, if you can handle the heat, you can get it with jalapenos too to give it a little extra kick. As we know, I'm not that guy.

Overall, if you like Taco Lassi you'll like Pho Mi too. It might seem foreign (puns) but give it a shot. You never know what you'll love until you try it.


PS.. Sorry the shot is a little weird, it was so sunny out I couldn't see the screen on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment